Facility Coordinator Privacy Statement
Last Updated: January 10, 2022
Introduction and overview
Scope of this Privacy Statement and our role
As a technology company, we’re providing this Privacy Statement (which we’ll refer to as “Privacy Statement”) to explain how we collect, use, and share information when you interact with us and our offerings, services and experiences. This Privacy Statement is global in nature, meaning that it is applicable to all websites and offerings in the , and it describes our privacy practices when we process:
a) Personal information for the purposes of providing the benefits of the FacilityCoordinator.com platform, which is collectively, all of FacilityCoordinator.com’s services, sites, experiences and software (including through our mobile applications and desktop applications) by FacilityCoordinator.com. and its affiliates and subsidiaries and/or
b) Personal information as necessary to manage, run and improve our business.
FacilityCoordinator.com. determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal information (“Information Controller”). If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data, please contact us in the section “How to Contact Us” below.
This Privacy Statement does not apply where FacilityCoordinator.com processes personal information as a service provider on behalf of a customer or entity who acts as the Information Controller.
In certain circumstances, there may be more than one Information Controller processing your information. In these situations, we act as an independent Information Controller over our processing activities – meaning that we make determinations over how your personal information will be processed independently from the other Information Controller. The other Information Controller may have their own obligations under applicable information privacy law, and you may need to speak with the other Information Controller directly for questions on how they process your personal information.
The FacilityCoordinator.com Platform
The FacilityCoordinator.com Platform and your information
When we say “platform” we mean that when you choose to share data with us, or bring over information from third parties, we use that data together, not just within the individual offering(s) you’re using.
The personal information we use in this centralized way is all the information that FacilityCoordinator.com knows about you. It includes your credentials; your name and contact details; payment information; information about your activities, your interests and preferences; insights about your property or your business; the content you place in our Platform; and information we have collected about you from third-party sources.
Organizational account information
Some experiences and services within the FacilityCoordinator.com Platform allow you to interact with an organization (such as your employer). If you are granted access to an organization or household account, the owner of the organization or a designated administrator may control and administer details of your account, for example, by deciding your access rights; making decisions about your personal information; or requiring you to take certain actions. If your access rights are amended by the owner or designated administrator, then you may lose access to the information that is in the control of the organization.
Your use of the FacilityCoordinator.com Platform as part of an organization’s account may be subject to the organization’s policies, which may be different from this Statement. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other organizations, and you should consider both the organization's policies and whether you are comfortable enabling the organization with access to your information prior to connecting to their services.
Information we collect
Information we receive from you
The personal information that we receive about you depends on the context of your interactions with FacilityCoordinator.com, how you configure your account and the choices that you make, including your privacy settings. Personal information that you provide may also depend upon what services or experiences you use, your location and applicable law. Learn more about the personal information we collect, how we use it, and your rights.
- Creating an account. We collect information when you create an account, interact with the FacilityCoordinator.com Platform or activate a subscription. Personal information may include your contact information (such as your name, address, phone number and email), profile photo, billing information (your payment information), usernames and credentials.
- Customer support, product research, training and feedback. We may collect personal information when you reach out to us for support, give us feedback, participate in optional surveys, product research or training and you choose to share.
- Device information. We may collect information about your device such as Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, log information, error messages, device type, and unique device identifiers. For example, we may collect IP addresses from you as part of our sign in and security features.
- Content. We may receive information about your business, your finances, expenses, invoices, details about your customers or vendors or employees.
- Third-party service content. We receive information about you when you sign into a third-party service with your account or when you connect your account to a third-party service.
- Usage information. We may collect usage information such as the pages you viewed, the features you use, your browser type and details about any links with which you interact.
- Location information. Certain features in the FacilityCoordinator.com Platform may collect your precise location information, device motion information, or both, if you grant permission to do so in your device settings.
- Certain features may have access to your camera and contacts if you grant permission in your device settings.
- Information from cookies and other technologies. FacilityCoordinator.com and our service providers may use commonly used tools such as cookies, web beacons, pixels, local shared objects and similar technologies (collectively "cookies") to collect information about you (“Cookie Information”) so we can provide the experiences you request, recognize your visit, track your interactions, and improve your and other customers' experience. You have control over some of the information we collect from Cookies and how we use it.
- Information stored locally. Some of our web-enabled desktop services and offerings synchronize with the information on your computer. In doing so, we may collect information such as device information, product usage, and error reports. We may also store personal information locally on your device.
Information provided by others
Our platform is designed to help you connect with other people and organizations. As a result of those connections, others may be able to input information about you. You may also be able to input or process information about others, for example, if you are an account administrator. If you input information about others into our platform, you must only do so if you have first received the appropriate rights and permissions to do so, including by getting advanced written consent, if required by applicable law.
Other information sources
We may also get information about you from others where permitted by applicable law. We protect and process information obtained from those parties as described in this Privacy Statement, consistent with any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the information. Our sources may vary over time and depend upon how you use the FacilityCoordinator.com Platform. For example, we receive information from:
- Your service providers. If you choose to sync a non-FacilityCoordinator.com account/service with your account, we will receive information from that account/service according to your settings with that account/service.
- Supplemental information and identity verification providers. Service providers who help us verify your identity, the specifics of your business and/or supplement the information you have provided and ensure the accuracy of your information. For example, we use third-party service providers to validate your mailing address, phone number or provide additional details about your business. These providers may include, for example, your telecommunications provider or email provider.
- Customer Support providers. Service providers who provide us with information about you or your interaction with the FacilityCoordinator.com Platform for troubleshooting purposes. For example, we may obtain support information or technical issues you have raised with these third parties.
- Risk management, cybersecurity & anti-fraud providers. We may receive information from service providers who help us assess risks associated with our offerings, including to help combat fraud, illegal activity and to help protect your personal information.
- Content providers. We may receive information from software providers that make user-generated content from their service available to others, such as local business reviews or public social media posts.
- Communication providers & social networks. If you give us permission, we may collect information from email providers, communication providers and social networks.
- Joint offering partners. We may offer co-branded services or experiences or engage in joint-marketing activities with others, including through our conferences or live events.
- Required information. Some services and experiences in the FacilityCoordinator.com Platform require you to provide information for it to function. If you do not wish to provide the required information, you may not be able to use certain features.
How we use personal information
We collect and process personal information from you only where:
- We have your consent to do so;
- We need the personal information to perform a contract with you or provide a service to you;
- Provide you with the benefits of the FacilityCoordinator.com Platform and operate our business;
- The processing is in our legitimate business interests in those jurisdictions where legitimate business interest is a legitimate basis for processing; or
- We need to comply with legal requirements, including applicable laws and regulations.
Personal information is used to operate our business for the following purposes that are required to originate and maintain our relationship with you, including but not limited to:
- Provide you with the FacilityCoordinator.com Platform and create your account
- Improve our products and services
- Run and manage our business
- Advertise and market our services and experiences
- Personalize your experience and tailor recommendations and offers presented to you, including through the development of insights about you and your needs
- Provide you with support and resolve disputes
- Conduct research, including by partnering with academic institutions
- Comply with our legal and regulatory requirements
- Authenticate your identity
- Protect the rights, property, safety or security of the FacilityCoordinator.com Platform, our customers, employees or others and prevent fraudulent or illegal activity
- To exercise our rights in the course of judicial, administrative or arbitration proceedings
- To enforce, remedy or apply our Terms of Service or other agreements and/or
- For other purposes that are compatible with the disclosed purposes if and where this is permitted by applicable law.
To provide you with valuable personalized advice, recommendations and experiences, we may process your personal information using automated and manual (human) methods. Our automated methods include artificial intelligence (AI) and a range of technologies that help our services learn and reason to improve our ability to personalize and enhance your experience in the FacilityCoordinator.com Platform.
How we share your information
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
When you connect with an FacilityCoordinator.com Platform partner. You may be provided with offers, products, and services from third-party companies who integrate with our FacilityCoordinator.com Platform (“Platform Partner”). If you choose to interact with a Platform Partner, apply for their services or offerings or otherwise link or sync your account to a Platform Partner’s product or service, you consent and direct FacilityCoordinator.com to share your information, including personal information, to the Platform Partner providing the service or offering. For example, when we send your personal information to partners in order to generate quotes for you to review, when we send your request to our partners, or when we send you to the partner’s site for you to provide the information directly to them.
In some cases, if you click through to go to a Platform Partner’s site, you will automatically be sending your personal information to that Platform Partner. When this happens, you will still have to submit your application on the Platform Partner’s site. Remember that any information you provide to a Platform Partner, whether through us or on your own, will be subject to their privacy practices and terms and conditions.
When you connect to your social media account. Some of our features enable you to connect to a social media account or share information on social media platforms, like Facebook and Twitter. Any information you choose to share on social media may potentially be visible to a global audience and will be subject to the social media provider's privacy policies (not this Privacy Statement). You should take care only to share information on social media that you are comfortable sharing.
For joint features, sales, promotions and events. We may share your information with third-parties companies who are jointly providing features, sales initiatives, promotions or events with us.
When you publicly post the information. We may provide opportunities for you to publicly post reviews, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, which may include personal information, such as your name or user name. Anything you share in a public forum is public, and you should think carefully before you decide to share.
With service providers or agents. We share personal information with our service providers or agents who provide services on our behalf for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. Service providers or agents are required to implement reasonable privacy and information protection controls to maintain the privacy and security of information provided to them consistent with the privacy practices outlined in this Statement. Service providers or agents may include companies that assist us with our advertising, marketing and sales efforts, help us with our technology offerings (such as a hosting, security or anti-fraud providers) and help us run our business.
For mergers and acquisitions. If we are involved with a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation, bankruptcy, or the acquisition of all or part of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company and its advisors before and after the transaction date.
No sale of personal information to third parties. We do not and will not sell personal information to third parties. We do share personal information with third parties for the business purposes described in this Statement.
With our affiliates and subsidiaries and your right to limit information sharing. We may share your information with our affiliates and subsidiaries for everyday business purposes as described in this Statement, including for marketing purposes. Certain laws may provide you with the right to limit our information sharing activities in certain circumstances. Please review these rights in the “Country and Region-Specific Terms” section below.
Cookies and other tracking technologies. You can find information on changing your browser settings to opt-out of cookies in your browser settings. In certain countries, you may also be able to make changes to your cookies settings by using our cookie preferences tool. If you disable some or all of the cookies the service, or parts of the service may not work.
For advertising and analytics. FacilityCoordinator.com may use advertising networks and other providers to display advertising on our FacilityCoordinator.com Platform or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our advertising partners may place cookies on unaffiliated websites in order to serve advertisements that may be relevant to you based on your browsing activities and interests and determine the effectiveness of such advertisements. See also the “Country and Region-Specific Terms” section below for additional pages.
The FacilityCoordinator.com Platform is not currently configured to respond to browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals because at this time no formal “Do Not Track” standard has been adopted.
We may share your information with third-parties for legal reasons without your consent, and as permitted by law, including:
- When we reasonably believe disclosure is required in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law, regulation or legal process
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of FacilityCoordinator.com, the FacilityCoordinator.com Platform, our customers or others
- To protect or defend against attacks
- To enforce, remedy, or apply our Terms of Service or other agreements
- To prevent fraud, cybersecurity attacks or illegal activity
- For debt collection
- With regulatory agencies, including government tax agencies, as necessary to help detect and combat fraud and/or protect our customers, users and/or the FacilityCoordinator.com Platform, or in required institutional risk control programs.